EventScripts CS:S Public Beta: OrangeBox v126.96.36.1998 has been added to our one-click addons.
Changes in the original public beta:
- CS:S Orange Box support. Tweaks and fixes to ES, sqlite3, playerlib, usermsg, popuplib, repeat, VDFs, etc.
- Reduced size packages. Separate downloads for Windows and Linux to reduce download size.
- Startup check for critical ES updates. Added support for the server to automatically check for critical EventScripts versions. You can disable this by adding eventscripts_checkforupdates 0 to your autoexec.cfg. (Thanks to Venjax for coding the ES update server.)
NEW Changes in v188.8.131.528:
- Major fixes for event handling in Orangebox (due to Valve's ServerCommand() regression)
- Resolves GunGame crashes with server_cvar events (e.g. sm_nextmap)
- Resolves GunGame and WCS problems when using custom events
- Note: You must leave sv_allow_wait_command at its default value of 1. See Known Issues.
- Fixed es.give(), es.setpos(), es.setang(), es.prop_physics_create(), etc, to execute properly when more than one used per tick
- Created new versions of es.menu and es.dbgmsg to avoid CCommand overrun messages and lost menus
- Configlib misexecution resolved by es.mexec() rewritten in Python and fixed (Thanks to freddukes and SuperDave)
- Resolved odd characters and other problems with usermsg in CS:S (Thanks to XE_ManUp)
- Re-added the EntityProp and other "lost" classes from initial ES2.1
- es_install extraction issues resolved (Thanks to [NATO]Hunter)
- mani_basic_auth support has been added in this release.
- Updated confused help text on many ES commands
- Includes eXtensible Admin v184.108.40.2060 beta with many new features: http://forums.eventscripts.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=36671 (Thanks to Errant and the entire XA team!)
- Added support for cfg/eventscripts_autoexec.cfg which is run early in EventScripts loading (Warning: Use it only for debugging variables-- cannot load scripts)
- Started highly experimental support for the new ES Shell engine (ESC alpha); eventscripts_shellengine 1 in eventscripts_autoexec.cfg. (Thanks to Chun for coding this project!)
- es.dbgmsg() now supports messages of any length
- eventscripts_sourcesdk_level reports a numeric value for the SourceSDK ES is compiled with (1 for episode1, 2 for OB, 3 for l4d)
- Improved server performance when no Python ticklisteners are loaded
- Reduced EventScripts startup spam